The Wine Diva hosts fun and educational private wine tasting events at any location of your choosing. I supply the bottles and expert knowledge, and you sit back, relax and enjoy the curated wine selections!
These tastings are perfect for birthday parties, family reunions, corporate events, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, girls nights, or just a great excuse to get together with friends and family. The Wine Diva has plenty of packages to suit any occasion and I can also customize an event to fit any of your needs. If you can think of it, I can host it!
(The Wine Diva travels to the following locations: New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, Long Island, Orlando, FL area. Other destinations may be accommodated upon request).
Experience Package #1: Around The World Wine Tasting
Travel around the world without leaving your home! Explore the history, geography and climate of the most compelling wine regions across the globe by tasting their best wines. You choose the theme and The Wine Diva chooses the wines.
Wine Tasting Theme Ideas:
- Wines by Country (France, Italy, South Africa, etc.)
- Wines by Region (Napa Valley, Tuscany, Loire Valley, etc.)
- Wines by Style (sweet, sparkling, fortified, etc.)
- Old World vs. New World
- Best Value Wine Regions
- Organic, Natural, Low Alcohol
This package is for up to 10 people and includes six (6) bottles of wine personally curated for you based on your chosen theme. It also includes packets of information for each guest on the wines being tasted and a lesson on "How to Taste Wine".
Experience Package #2: Wine Murder Mystery!
PREMISE: Breaking News! Phil Melkan, famous winemaker and owner of the prestigious Screeching Hawk Vineyards has been MURDERED with poisoned wine!! This shocking tragedy took place at the Wine Diva Global Wine Awards in Napa Valley, the world’s foremost wine competition, where Mr. Melken was acting as a judge for the “Best in Show” competition. Witnesses claim that after tasting each of the wine submissions, Mr. Melken suddenly grabbed his throat and fell to the floor with a terrible gurgle. Sadly, resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful to the complete shock of everyone in attendance. All wines have been sent to the lab to determine which one was poisoned, but until the results are back, the police are interviewing suspects to determine who did it, why, and which of the wines being judged was used to deliver the deadly poison. I guess it's true what they say, some wines truly are to die for!
How It Works
- Game Play: Each guest will receive a character sheet, backstory, and script that they will read from (although improvisation is welcome and encouraged!). Please note, based on availability an additional actor may be present to aid in the story telling. Each guest will be assigned a “Guilty” or “Innocent” status at the start of the event that they keep secret. They will read the corresponding script response based on that status. At the end, everyone must try to guess the guilty party and which wine was used at the murder weapon!
- # of Attendees: This event is ideal for a party of 10 guests, although fewer guests can be accommodated with some script adjustments.
- Duration: The duration of the event is approximately 2 hours.
- Costumes: Costumes are encouraged for those guests who are inclined to come dressed as their character. Otherwise, I will provide small props/light costuming.
- Wines: We will taste through six (6) bottles of wine throughout the event, and begin with a brief lesson on “How to Taste Wine”.
- Prizes: Prizes will be given out for suggested categories such as Best Costume, Best Performed, Best Liar, Best Accent, etc.
Experience Package #3: Celebrity Wine Smackdown!
Which celebrity will prevail?! These days it seems like every celebrity is getting in on the drinks business, from actors to athletes. Who just slaps their name on a label and who is actually hands-on in the winemaking process? Are their wines any good? You and guests will be the judge!
We will pit eight (8) celebrity wines against each other in a March Madness bracket-style competition until we eventually have a winner. To make it even more interesting, we will be tasting these wines blind, and you must correctly answer celebrity trivia questions to reveal which celebrity makes the wines we are tasting. To further boost this friendly competition, prizes will be given to those participants who really know their celebrity stuff.
Experience Package #4: 6-Course Food & Wine Pairing Dinner
Food always brings an extra dimension to wine when perfectly paired. For an elevated wine experience, look no further than an expertly curated, prepared and served 6-course meal of small plates with wine pairings. This food and wine experience is customized based on your preferences and desired wine theme. The Wine Diva partners with a phenomenal private chef who will come to your home, cook each course in your kitchen, and even clean up afterward, while you and your guests relax. The Wine Diva will present each course with a full helping of education on the paired wines. Food allergies, sensitivities and aversions can be accommodated.
The Wine Diva Gift Card
Give the gift of a Wine Diva Gift Card that can be redeemed for a private in-person or virtual wine tasting event! It is the perfect gift for someone who has everything, or for someone seeking fun and unique experiences rather than more things.