Virtual Wine Tasting Experiences
The Wine Diva hosts regularly scheduled virtual wine tastings via Zoom that anyone can join! Below is a list of upcoming tastings and a link to register for these events. Private virtual wine tastings can also be arranged by contacting The Wine Diva for booking.
Pricing: Only $15 per person for tasting and education on 3-4 different bottles of wine! Participants are required to purchase their own wines based on recommendations provided by The Wine Diva.
Upcoming Virtual Wine Tastings:
Judgement of Paris - Sunday, March 21 @ 4:00pm EST
The event that put Napa Valley on the world stage as one of the best wine regions on the planet was the 1976 Judgement of Paris blind wine tasting competition that pitted California against France. During this tasting, we will learn more about this historical event, and recreate the competition. Will Napa still come out ahead, or will France win the day? In this tasting, we will compare a Napa Cabernet with a French Bordeaux, and a Napa Chardonnay with a French White Burgundy. If you decide to splurge a bit and purchase the actual wines from the competition (listed below), even better! Otherwise, any Cabernet/Left Bank Bordeaux or Chardonnay/White Burgundy will do.
- Napa Cabernet Sauvignon (e.g., Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Ridge Monte Bello, Clos du Val, Freemark Abbey, Heitz Martha's Vineyard, Mayacamus)
- Napa Chardonnay (e.g., Chateau Montelena, Chalone Vineyard, Spring Mountain Vineyard, Freemark Abbey, David Bruce)
France: The actual competition wines are way too expensive, so instead look for wines from the following areas...
- Left Bank Bordeaux (e.g., Medoc, Haut Medoc, Graves, Pauillac, Saint Estephe, Saint Julien, Pessac-Leognan, Marguax)
- White Burgundy/Bourgogne Blanc (e.g., anything not from Chablis or Beaujolais)
Wines of Loire Valley - Sunday, March 28 @ 4:00pm EST
The Loire Valley is a large wine growing region in central France that produces an amazing diversity of wines. Arguably best known for Sancerre, we will explore some other Loire Valley wines that will make you a fan of this beautiful land of castles and grapevines! During this event, we will be tasting the following:
- Chinon (e.g., Olga Raffault Chinon)
- Menetou-Salon (e.g., Domaine Pellé Menetou-Salon Morogues Vignes de Ratier 2018) or Sancerre (e.g., Karine Lauverjat Sancerre)
- Muscadet Sevre et Maine (e.g., Domaine de la Pépière Muscadet Sevre et Maine)
- Vouvray (e.g., Champalou Vouvray)